Saturday, January 16, 2010

Basta, Uscita, Andiamo

...are the three helpful Italian words I know. Enough, Exit, and Let's Go, respectively. Kind of quaint, isn't it, seeing as I leave tomorrow? I just wanted to drop a little update before I land. The next time I'll have an internet connection is up in the air-- the company my "romemates" (teehee) and I have a deal with require us to pay in Euros once we land. Shady, no?

As for my last night in the States, it was very nicely Westernized, consisting of takeout, a newly released flick from Blockbuster and the creeping realization that the next shower I take will be one where I have to physically maneuver the showerhead over my body with about five minutes of hot water. Also, I'm very curious as to whether or not my apartment will have a bidet in it. The last time I was in Europe I thought it was a convenient leg-shaving device, and now that I know what it is, I heartily scrub my feet at every bathing. Suffice to say is that I will not be doing that again, at least not when the other girls are around...and if the door doesn't have a lock.

But seriously folks, it's time for me to catch some Z's before I have to scramble together a slew of toiletries in 1 gallon size bag and suspend my cell phone service for the next few months. No unlimited texting? Hold me, I've had basta.

3 comments:

  1. OMG you are leaving today! I am throughly enjoying your blog, it takes me back to the hilarious moments of reading your menu emails. Have a safe flight to Italia and we need to skype when I get back to school next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah i have a bidet AND do that horrendous showering maneuver. EUROPE FTW. and yes i plan to comment on every single one of these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Espana,

    We have...how you say..."dumb showers" too. They are very hard to shower in. Even harder to host many hot Spanish babes in.

    ReplyDelete